With over ten years of long arm quilting experience, The Quilt Loft is dedicated to providing exceptional quilting services. We treat your quilt as if it were our own! Whether you‘d like a custom design, or you just need help finishing up your quilt, our experience and care in handling your quilt ensures a finished product that will be used and cherished for many years to come!
Using the Statler Stitcher Gammel machine, we provide the following long arm services:
- Over all / edge-to-edge: 2.5¢ per square inch
- Minimum charge for overall quilting is $40.00
Please review the PDF document "Preparing a Quilt for Longarm Quilting." The link to the document is to the left.
Here are some quick guidelines for quilt tops, backings and batting:
- Your backing should extend at least 3" - 4" on all four sides beyond your quilt top.
- You may provide your own batting. However, we offer both Hobbs 80/20 Heirloom as well as Warm and Natural batting at The Quilt Loft. Purchasing your batting from us means it will be cut to the exact length needed for your quilt top so you only have to pay for what you need.
- Please do not pin your quilt. Long Arm quilting requires that the quilt top, the batting and the backing must all be separate when they are placed on the machine.
- If you would like an estimate of the cost for an edge to edge pattern on your quilt; Measure the quilt length and width in inches. Multiply these two numbers together. This will give you the quilt's size in square inches. Then simply multiply this number times $0.025. This will give you the cost. An example would be a quilt that is 50" x 50" would equal 2,500 square inches. And when multiplied by $0.025 equals a cost of $62.50.
- Your quilt top and backing should be free of all small threads and fabric strings.
- Remember, any imperfections you leave in the quilt top or backing may become a permanent part of your quilt. Therefore both quilt top and back should be pressed to avoid any problems.
- If you have any questions please give us a call at 909-949-0444.